To protect the freedom and rights of information subjects, AIRS Medical is complying with the 「Personal Information Protection Act」 and related laws, and legally processes and safely manages personal information. In accordance with Article 30 of the 「Personal Information Protection Act」, the following personal information handling policy is established and disclosed to guide information subjects on the procedures and standards for handling personal information and to promptly and smoothly handle related grievances.
Article 1 Items for each purpose of processing personal information and period of retention and use
- The items, purpose, and retention period of personal information processed by AIRS Medical are as follows.
2. Personal information being processed will not be used for purposes other than the above, and if the purpose of use is changed, necessary measures such as obtaining separate consent in accordance with Article 18 of the Personal Information Protection Act will be implemented.
3. As stated above, AIRS Medical processes and retains personal information within the period of retention and use of personal information in accordance with laws and regulations or within the period of retention and use of personal information agreed upon when collecting personal information from the information subject. However, in the case of the following reasons, it is processed and retained until the end of the relevant reason.
- If an investigation or investigation due to a violation of the relevant laws and regulations is in progress, until the investigation or investigation is completed
- If the bond/debt relationship remains due to the use of the website, until the relevant bond/debt relationship is settled
Article 2 Consignment of Personal Information Processing
- AIRS Medical entrusts the following personal information processing tasks for smooth personal information processing.
2. When signing a consignment contract, according to Article 26 of the 「Personal Information Protection Act」, AIRS Medical is prohibited from processing personal information other than for the purpose of performing entrusted work, technical and administrative protection measures, restrictions on re-entrustment, management and supervision of the trustee, and compensation for damages. Matters related to this are specified in documents such as contracts, and we supervise whether the trustee handles personal information safely.
3. If the contents of the consignment work or the trustee is changed, we will disclose it through this personal information processing policy without delay.
Article 3 Transfer of Personal Information to Overseas
- The company entrusts the following to overseas corporations for smooth personal information processing
Article 4 Destruction and Procedure of Personal Information
AIRS Medical will destroy the personal information immediately, if the personal information is unnecessary, such as when the personal information retention period has elapsed or the purpose of processing has been achieved.
If the personal information retention period agreed upon by the information subject has elapsed or the personal information needs to be kept in accordance with other laws despite the achievement of the purpose of processing, move the personal information to a separate database (DB) or change the storage location Conserve otherwise.
The procedure and method of personal information destruction are as follows.
- Destruction procedure
AIRS Medical selects the personal information for which the reason for destruction occurred and destroys the personal information with the approval of the personal information protection officer of AIRS Medical.
- Destruction method
AIRS Medical destroys personal information recorded and stored in electronic file format so that the record cannot be reproduced, and personal information recorded and stored in paper documents is destroyed by crushing or incineration with a shredder.
- Destruction procedure
Article 5 Rights and Duties of Information Subjects and Legal Representatives and Method of Exercising
The information subject can exercise the right to view, correct, delete, and suspend processing of personal information at any time with respect to AIRS Medical.
The exercise of the rights pursuant to Paragraph 1 may be done in writing, e-mail, fax, etc. in accordance with Article 41 (1) of the Enforcement Decree of the 「Personal Information Protection Act」 for (personal information controller name), and AIRS Medical will take action without delay.
The exercise of rights pursuant to Paragraph 1 may be done through an agent such as a legal representative of the information subject or a person who has been delegated. In this case, you must submit a power of attorney in the form of Attachment No. 11 of the “Personal Information Handling Method Notice (No. 2020-7)”.
The rights of the information subject may be restricted in accordance with Article 35 Paragraph 4 and Article 37 Paragraph 2 of the Personal Information Protection Act to request to view and suspend processing of personal information.
Request for correction and deletion of personal information cannot be requested if the personal information is specified as a collection target in other laws.
AIRS Medical confirms whether the person who made the request, such as a request for reading, correction or deletion, or request for suspension of processing, is the person or a legitimate agent according to the rights of the information subject.
Article 6 Measures to ensure the safety of personal information
Air S Medical takes the following measures to ensure the safety of personal information.
- Administrative measures: establishment and implementation of an internal management plan, operation of a dedicated organization, regular employee training, etc.
- Technical measures: management of access rights of personal information processing system, etc., access control, encryption of unique identification information, etc., installation and update of security programs
- Physical measures: Control access to computer rooms, data storage rooms, etc.
Article 7 Matters concerning the installation, operation, and rejection of automatic personal information collection devices
Air S Medical does not use ‘cookies’ that store and retrieve the usage information of the information subject from time to time.
Article 8 Matters concerning the collection, use and rejection of behavioral information
Air S Medical does not collect, use, or provide behavioral information for online customized advertisements.
Article 9 Processing of pseudonymous information
Air S Medical processes pseudonymous information for the following purposes.
- Purpose of processing pseudonymous information: A study to improve MRI-accelerated image quality
- Processing and retention period of pseudonymous information: 3 years until the purpose is achieved or after the completion of the IRB research
- Items of personal information processed under pseudonym: Patient number, patient name, date of birth, weight, and date of recording displayed on MRI images
- Matters concerning measures to ensure the safety of pseudonymous information pursuant to Article 28-4 of the Act (duties, etc. for safety measures for pseudonymous information)
Administrative measures: establishment and implementation of internal management plan and inspection of actual conditions, regular employee training, separate designation of managers for pseudonymous information and additional information
- Technical measures: management of access rights of personal information processing systems, etc., access control, encryption of unique identification information, installation of security programs, separate storage of additional information, preparation, and storage of pseudonymous information processing records
- Physical measures: Control access to computer rooms, data storage rooms, etc., and control entry and exit of auxiliary storage media
Article 10 Personal Information Protection Officer
AIRS Medical is responsible for overall handling of personal information, and designates a person in charge of personal information protection as follows to handle complaints and damage relief from information subjects related to personal information processing.
- Chief of Privacy Officer
- Name: Ko Jingyu
- Job Position: Co-founder, Head of Information Security
- Contact point: [email protected]
- Chief of Privacy Officer
- The information subject may inquire to the person in charge of personal information protection for all personal information protection-related inquiries, complaint handling, damage relief, etc. AIRS Medical will respond and handle inquiries from information subjects without delay.
Article 11 Request for viewing personal information
The information subject may file a request for access to personal information in accordance with Article 35 of the Personal Information Protection Act to the following departments. AIRS Medical will make every effort to promptly process the personal information access request of the information subject.
- Reception and processing department of personal information access request
- Department: Information Security
- Name: Ko Jingyu
- Contact Point: [email protected]
Article 12 Remedies for Infringement of Rights
The information subject may apply for dispute resolution or consultation to the Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee or the Korea Internet & Security Agency Personal Information Infringement Report Center in order to receive relief from personal information infringement. For other reports and consultations on personal information infringement, please contact the following organizations. You can inquire about damage relief or consultation regarding personal information infringement to the following organizations.
AIRS Medical guarantees the information subject’s right to self-determination of personal information and strives for counseling and damage relief due to infringement of personal information. If you need a report or consultation, please contact the department in charge below.
Customer consultation and reporting related to personal information protection
Department: Information Security
Name: Ko Jingyu
Contact point: [email protected]
The head of a public institution responds to a request pursuant to Article 35 (Perusal of Personal Information), Article 36 (Correction/Deletion of Personal Information), and Article 37 (Suspension of Personal Information Processing, etc.) of the 「Personal Information Protection Act」 A person whose rights or interests have been infringed due to a disposition or omission may file an administrative appeal in accordance with the Administrative Appeals Act.
Online Administrative Appeals: +82 110 (www.simpan.go.kr)
- This personal information processing policy will be applied from 2022.04.22.
Announcement Date: April 22nd, 2022
Effective Date: April 22nd, 2022